New applications are not being accepted at this time, but information will be posted to this page when the next academy is scheduled. Check back soon, or see contact information below to request more information.
Through classroom presentation and hands-on exercise, citizens will achieve a greater understanding of the inner workings of the Corpus Christi Fire Department. In order to provide a quality program, the academy will be limited to twelve participants. Applicants must reside within the City of Corpus Christi and be at least 19 years of age. Participants are encouraged to participate in all practical demonstrations. The academy will consist of 12 weeks, including a class graduation. The scheduled time will be from 6:30pm – 8:30pm on Wednesdays. The location will be the Fire Department's Training Academy at the Del Mar College West Campus, 4101 Old Brownsville Rd, and classroom at Station #5, located at 3105 Leopard.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- Educate participants in basic understanding of the inner workings and services provided by the CCFD.
- Allow citizens to interact with Fire Department members.
- Allow citizens to experience some of the tools, equipment and conditions in which firefighters work.
- Arm citizens with safety knowledge they can take to their homes and neighborhoods, making them safer.
SOME PLANNED FUN
- Spraying water from a fire hose
- Extinguishing a fire with a fire extinguisher
- Wearing fire gear and entering a smoke filled building
- Demonstrations of EMS, Rescue, Haz-Mat and Ride-outs
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information, contact Captain James Brown at (361) 826-8423.