Come and be amazed!
The Oso Bay Wetlands Preserve & Learning Center serves to enhance community understanding for the need to preserve the natural resources of coastal ecosystems for future generations through access and education.
This 162-acre nature preserve is filled with the wonders of our natural world. We invite everyone to explore the two miles of nature viewing trails and walk away with a new-found experience and understanding. The Learning Center is open for visitors. Come and learn about the importance of protecting the wetlands for future generations to enjoy. As a student of nature, you will find the preserve's "live classroom" truly fascinating.
The preserve is owned and operated by the City of Corpus Christi Parks & Recreation Department.
We invite you to venture into the wild.
Congratulations to Sara Jose!
Recipient of the 2017 Professional Coastal Steward Award
(Corpus Christi, TX - November 15, 2017) Sara is the Preserve Manager at the Oso Bay Wetlands Preserve & Learning Center who has done a great job over the past several years as a community youth educator. She lead the Nature Challenge program, which combines enjoying regional special places with family activities, persevering after Hurricane Harvey threatened to end the program by continuous communication and outreach. Read the Coastal Bend Bays Foundation news release for more details.
- Guided Nature Walks - November 2017 Flyer December 2017 Flyer
- Scout-It-Out - Ongoing Program, Flyer
- Family Science Explorations - 2-hour Programs, October 2017–March 2018, Flyer
- Adult Yoga Series - November 4, 11, 18 & 25, Flyer
- Nature & Crafts - Making Turkey-Themed Crafts; FREE, November 25, Flyer
- Wetlands Workshop - Whose Water is is Anyway? December 2, Flyer
- Tortoise & The Hare Fun Run - 5K & 1 Mile, December 9, Flyer
- Nature & Crafts - Water Color Art, December 16, Flyer
- Winter Wildlife Camp - Half-Day Hands-On Science & Wildlife Photography, December 18–21, Flyer
- Holiday Story Time - December 26, 27, 28 & 29, Flyer
- Girl Scout Badge Event - December 30, Flyer
Texas Nature Challenge
August 12–October 30, 2017
We invite families to compete in the Coastal Bend region’s 2017 Texas Nature Challenge where teams participate in a variety of activities at area nature centers, museums, parks and other outdoor spaces. Families who complete at least two challenges, compile their experiences into a scrapbook, journal or blog and submit it are eligible to win prizes. This is a fun way for families to connect, play and explore nature together.
iNATURALIST WILDLIFE OBSERVATIONS ON THE PRESERVE!
GROUP FIELD TRIP INFORMATION
- Field Trip Descriptions and Fee Information in Oso Preserve Book
- Field Trip Calendar of Available Dates
- Field Trip Request Form
To book a field trip, please fill out the Field Trip Request Form and email the completed form to Education Coordinator Caleb Harris at CalebH@cctexas.com at least three weeks prior to your trip. You will receive a confirmation email and invoice for your trip within 48 hours.
Book your child's birthday party with us! Come celebrate the special day as you and your party guests discover the preserve and have fun. Pick from our three options: Nature Scavenger Hunt; Insect Nature Walk; or Nature & Crafts.
Contact Information & More
Phone: (361) 826-3335
Learning Center is open Monday – Saturday, 8am – 5pm
Walking Trails & Playground are open daily, dawn to dusk.
Trading Post is open during learning center hours listed above. Trading Post Fact Sheet.
Parking Lot is open Monday – Saturday, 7:30am – 7pm; and closed Sunday
(Trails can be accessed using the walk-in entrances along N. Oso Parkway and from the Holly hike and bike. After hours parking is available along N. Oso Parkway or at the Holly hike and bike lot at Holly Road and Paul Jones Avenue.)