Come and be amazed!
The Oso Bay Wetlands Preserve & Learning Center serves to enhance community understanding for the need to preserve the natural resources of coastal ecosystems for future generations through access and education.
This 162-acre nature preserve is filled with the wonders of our natural world. We invite everyone to explore the two miles of nature viewing trails and walk away with a new-found experience and understanding. The Learning Center is open for visitors. Come and learn about the importance of protecting the wetlands for future generations to enjoy. As a student of nature, you will find the preserve's "live classroom" truly fascinating.
The preserve is owned and operated by the City of Corpus Christi Parks & Recreation Department.
We invite you to venture into the wild.
- Guided Nature Walks - September 2017 Flyer October 2017 Flyer
- Scout-It-Out - Ongoing Program, Flyer
- Growing Up Wild! - Nature Learning Program Events, September–November 2017, Flyer
- Girl Scout Badge Events - September 16 & 30, Flyer
- Eco-Expert - Lessons from Hurricane Ike with John Metz, September 21, Flyer
- Wetlands Workshop - Wetlands at Work! September 23, Flyer
- Family Science Explorations - 2-hour Programs, October 2017–March 2018, Flyer
- Public Field Trips - Open for Families! October 11 & November 15, Flyer
- Eco-Expert - Marine Debris Along the Texas Coast: Past, Current & Future Trends! October 19, Flyer
- Wetlands Workshop - Treasure maps are not just for Pirates! October 21, Flyer
- Wetlands Workshop - Halloween Special, Creepy Critters! October 28, Flyer
- Nature & Crafts - Fish Printing, October 28, Flyer
Texas Nature Challenge
August 12–October 30, 2017
We invite families to compete in the Coastal Bend region’s 2017 Texas Nature Challenge where teams participate in a variety of activities at area nature centers, museums, parks and other outdoor spaces. Families who complete at least two challenges, compile their experiences into a scrapbook, journal or blog and submit it are eligible to win prizes. This is a fun way for families to connect, play and explore nature together.
iNATURALIST WILDLIFE OBSERVATIONS ON THE PRESERVE!
GROUP FIELD TRIP INFORMATION
- Field Trip Descriptions and Fee Information in Oso Preserve Book
- Field Trip Calendar of Available Dates
- Field Trip Request Form
To book a field trip, please fill out the Field Trip Request Form and email the completed form to Education Coordinator Caleb Harris at CalebH@cctexas.com at least three weeks prior to your trip. You will receive a confirmation email and invoice for your trip within 48 hours.
Book your child's birthday party with us! Come celebrate the special day as you and your party guests discover the preserve and have fun. Pick from our three options: Nature Scavenger Hunt; Insect Nature Walk; or Nature & Crafts.
Contact Information & More
Phone: (361) 826-3335
Learning Center is open Monday – Saturday, 8am – 5pm
Walking Trails & Playground are open daily, dawn to dusk.
Trading Post is open during learning center hours listed above. Trading Post Fact Sheet.
Parking Lot is open Monday – Saturday, 7:30am – 7pm; and closed Sunday
(Trails can be accessed using the walk-in entrances along N. Oso Parkway and from the Holly hike and bike. After hours parking is available along N. Oso Parkway or at the Holly hike and bike lot at Holly Road and Paul Jones Avenue.)