The Nurse Family Partnership is a program for women who are having their first baby. Eligible enrollees will have a registered nurse visit their home throughout pregnancy and continue to visit until the child is 2 years old.
Women who are pregnant with their first child, meet income requirements, and live in the service area can enroll in the program. The program is free and eligible participants are encouraged to enroll during the early stages of pregnancy.
Nurses will help new moms:
- Have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby
- Become a better parent
- Build a strong network of support for mom and baby
- Make the home a safe place for baby to live and play
- Get referrals for healthcare, childcare, job training and other support services available in the community
- Find ways to continue education and develop job skills
- Set goals for the family's future and find ways to help achieve those goals
Can the baby's father participate, too?
- Nurse-Family Partnership encourages fathers, family members and even friends to be involved in the visits and learn how they can best support mom
- Mom and her nurse decide who gets involved
- Because mom is the one who carries the baby and she is the first person to take care of baby, she is the one who is actually enrolled in the program and she is the main focus of the nurse
How often will the nurse visit?
- Mom and nurse will decide an exact schedule for visits which are generally every week or two
For More Information on the Nurse Family Partnership
Corpus Christi Nueces County Public Health District
1702 Horne Rd
Corpus Christi, TX 78416
Nurse Family Partnership National Service Office Toll Free: 866-864-5226