The responsibilities of the Water Department are to:
• Operate and maintain Choke Canyon Reservoir and Lake Corpus Christi Reservoir System to supply water for municipal and industrial use in a seven county service area consisting of Aransas, Bee, Jim Wells, Kleberg, Live Oak, Nueces, and San Patricio;
• Operate and maintain the Mary Rhodes Pipeline that will serve as a part of the regional water supply system;
• Operate and maintain the O.N. Stevens Water Treatment Plant and meet optimal goals as defined by the United States Environmental Protection Agency and the Texas Optimization Program and having 100 percent compliance with the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) requires as outlined in 30 TAC Chapter;
• Deliver potable water at sufficient pressure, volume and quality to meet all customer demands, including residential, commercial, industrial, fire protection, as well as Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) regulations; and
• Operate and maintain an effective and efficient water laboratory to perform analytical testing for the needs of the City of Corpus Christi Water, Wastewater, Storm Water and selected outside clients.