The Corpus Christi Gas Department operates and maintains a safe and reliable natural gas distribution system. We serve approximately 54,419 active customers (94% residential and 6% commercial) with over 1,457 miles of main and 86 regulator stations. The Gas Department is comprised of various organizations. The major organizations are Maintenance and Operations, Gas Construction, Pressure and Measurement, Gas Load Development (Marketing), Oil and Gas Well Division, Engineering Design, Compressed Natural Gas (CNG), and Office Administration.
We operate under the regulations of the:
- Pipeline Hazardous and Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) and
- Texas Railroad Commission (TRRC).
We are subject to:
- Operations & Maintenance Annual Audit
- Special Audits on Distribution Integrity Management Plan (DIMP),
- Facilities Replacement Plan (FRP),
- Public Awareness Plan (PaP),
- Operator Qualifications (OQ) and
- Damage Prevention.
We are proud to provide our customers with incentive programs which include the:
- Builders Incentive Program
- Residential Conversion Rebate Program
- Operation Heat Help
- Free Light-ups for the elderly over 65
We constantly strive to improve the quality of life in our community.