Industrial District No. 1 Annexation
Tracts 4.08 acres
July 14, 2015 - City Council Agenda Item/Presentation
July 21, 2015 - City Council Annexation Resolution
July 24, 2015 - Letter to Property Owners
August 25, 2015 - 1st City Council Public Hearing
September 8, 2015 - 2nd City Council Public Hearing
September 9, 2015 - Planning Commission Public Hearing on Zoning
September 29, 2015 - 1st Reading of an Ordinance
October 13, 2015 - 2nd Reading of an Ordinance – Annexation Complete
October 13, 2015 - City Council Public Hearing and 1st Reading on Zoning
October 20, 2015 - City Council 2nd Reading on Zoning
- Industrial District No. 1 Annexation Area Map
- View Detailed Maps »
- July 14, 2015 City Council Presentation »
- City Council Annexation Resolution »
- July 25, 2015 City Council Agenda Item »
- July 25, 2015 City Council Presentation »
- Certified Annexation Ordinance and Municipal Services Plan »
SKB Acquisition LLC (formerly Sam Kane Beef Processors) Annexation
May 15, 2015 - Petition with property legal description is received from Sam Kane Beef Processors.
May 26, 2015 - 1st Reading of an ordinance annexing approximately 70 acres of land generally located on the southwest corner of Leopard Street and N. Clarkwood Road and known as Sam Kane Beef Processors.
May 28, 2015 - Petition with corrected property legal description and new company name is received from SKB Acquisition LLC.
June 9, 2015 - 2nd Reading of an ordinance annexing SKB Acquisition LLC (formerly Sam Kane Beef Processors).
June 10, 2015 - Internal City notification to service providers.
July 1, 2015 - Notification to the Nueces County Clerk’s Office and the Nueces County Voter Registrar.
Southside FM 2444 Annexation
March 25, 2014 - Council passed resolution opposing wind farm.
April 15, 2014 - Motion directing the City Manager to begin the process of annexing the area of the extraterritorial jurisdiction (ETJ) where the proposed Chapman Ranch wind farm is located.
June 10, 2014 - Motion directing the City Manager and staff to continue with annexation proceedings.
July 15, 2014 - Council approved resolution to begin annexation of 16.34 square miles of land into the territorial limits of the City of Corpus Christi.
August 19, 2014 - First public hearing on Southside FM 2444 Annexation.
August 26, 2014 - Second public hearing on Southside FM 2444 Annexation.
September 16, 2014 - First reading of annexation ordinance was approved.
October 14, 2014 - Second reading of the annexation ordinance was approved. The new extraterritorial jurisdiction of the City of Corpus Christi extends five miles from the newly annexed property.
GOALS OF ANNEXATION
- To protect the U.S. Naval Mission in South Texas
- To protect the information delivery and infrastructure for broadcasting
- To assure orderly growth of the City of Corpus Christi
- To protect the health and safety of residents through zoning
Estimated Cost of Annexation Related Infrastructure:
- $13.3 million Phase I
- On October 14, 2014, Council Adopted a resolution directing staff to use property tax revenue from the annexed property in the Chapman Ranch area to first fund costs of utility construction and improvements in that area in order to avoid increases in utility rates for such improvements.
- Staff was also directed to create a special revenue fund to accumulate amounts equivalent to the property taxes received from the Southside FM 2444 Property for these infrastructure improvements.
- It is anticipated the property tax revenue received by the City will be used to pay the debt that would be used to finance the construction of the infrastructure improvements.
- Any remaining funds after the construction of the required infrastructure improvements can be transferred to the General Fund and used for general government operations.
ESTIMATED TAX REVENUE
Estimated property tax revenue from $500 million wind farm:
- $20.9 million over 15 years
- City Council Presentation 9-16-14 »
- FM 2444 Municipal Services Plan »
- Annexation Resident Information »
- Amended Annexation Ordinance »
- Resolution Governing the Use of Property Tax Revenue »
- Resolution Development Agreement Excluding Non-Annexation Property »
- IFT&E Industry Report »